Fuel rail round 1

I built this fuel rail according to the Simple Digital Systems guide. The rail is governed by a SARD rising rate regulator that you can see mounted to the firewall in the last pic.

Garrett manifold experiments

Exhaust manifold is coming along after much experimenting with toilet rolls:

The MORE POWER disease

Ok so the next big round of work for the car is to delete the CIS fuel injection and replace it with a modern EFI system. I will be installing a MegaSquirt DIY engine control unit to gain full control over the fuelling curve. Why would you want to do that? To add more boost of course! Replacing the KKK turbo is a Garrett GT28R ballbearing unit. Which means I'll need to fabricate a new manifold, oil lines, exhaust and intake plumbing. Whew.

What a"bargain"

Dad spotted a cheap 1973 911E on the net. Only problem was the car was located in Hervey Bay - about 4 hours drive from Brisbane. Fate had it that he had to go to Hervey Bay for business so we both went and checked the car out. It had been sitting for about 10 years and the wiring was in somewhat of a mess.

Fence plans

Ive decided to change the front fence of my house to give the property a mor modern look from the outside. The plans include extending the existing fence up, building a new set of gates for the driveways, including an awning to match the fence to the house and a change of colour scheme.

 

before

after

I modelled the house in 3D Studio Max 7 to get an idea of what the plans would look like.

Progress on the road to new turbo

Making good progress lately. The current plan of "engine out, new turbo, engine in" has changed to "engine out, everything else out, clean everything, replace everything, paint some stuff, improve some things, put everything back together.

 

Cleaned up the head, put in a new oil squirter elbow, reset the valve clearances, put on a new camshaft gasket and installed a new water pump.

Centre console

One of the problems with the car is there is nowhere conveniant to put your wallet or mobile when driving. The standard centre console is made of plastic and had started to crack and show its age so I decided to build a new one. Out of aluminium.

The final product with the new carpet and doors :D

Interior work round 1

Started fixing up the interior, the door cards were the first to go:

Headwork done

Lots of work has been going on over the weekend. The head came back and is back on the car, and the engine is ready to go. The interior refurb is going great as well, all the carpet has been finished however repco stuffed up and gave me the wrong speakers so I'm waiting for the right ones. Here are some pics:

Next round of work

Woo heaps happening lately. The head is off to be cleaned, new valve stems and seals, valves lapped, intake porting and new studs. Pistons look good, plenty of burnt on oil thanks to the turbo seals and oil leaks etc but no signs of detonation or uneven wear so im happy:

 

Also ripped the interior out ready for it to be renewed. None of the heater or fan controls worked so thats all being fixed. I found $11 in change in the car total... what a bonus.

Pages